Butternut Squash Risotto
This butternut squash risotto is packed with flavour and perfect for lunch. Arborio rice is cooked to creamy perfection with vegetable stock, white wine, herbs, onion and garlic; then topped with roasted butternut squash and grated cheese.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 1 Butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 30 ml Olive oil, divided
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 15 ml Fresh thyme leaves
- 140 g Risotto rice
- 70 ml White wine eg. Sauvignon Blanc
- 45 ml Stork Margarine
- 45 ml Parmesan cheese (or Cheddar), grated
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place butternut squash in a baking tray and drizzle with half of the olive oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- In a wide based pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery. Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, Robertsons Bay Leaf, thyme and rice. Cook for 3 minutes, until the rice is coated well in the oil. Add the wine and stir until all of the liquid has absorbed into the rice.
- Add 100 ml of boiling water to the rice and stir continuously, until all the liquid has gone. Repeat this process three or more times, until the rice is tender.
- To finish, add the Stork Margarine and grated Parmesan. Fold in the roasted butternut squash.
- Serve with extra Parmesan shavings and crispy Parma ham/Prosciutto pieces.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook