Drizzled in a refreshing and nutty lime dressing that’s made super tasty with Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, this couscous salad is accented by finely chopped spring onions, mint and coriander. Perfect as a light, yet filling Mediterranean side dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 100 g Pine nuts, toasted and divided
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Lime, zest and juice
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 500 ml Boiling water
- 200 g Couscous
- 3 Spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1 Bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- To make the dressing heat half the oil in a small frying pan on low heat. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and cook for 2 minutes until the stock melts. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Add the remaining oil, half of the pine nuts, chilli, lime zest and juice. Set dressing aside.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a separate large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, until softened and starting to colour.
- Add the couscous and stir through. Remove from the heat.
- Add the boiling water to the couscous, cover and leave for 10 minutes, until all of the water has absorbed. Fork the couscous to separate.
- Add the dressing to the couscous followed by the spring onions, mint and coriander and remaining pine nuts. Mix really well and serve or place in fridge for later.
- Serve with grilled salmon fillets, herbed sour cream and a wedge of lime.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook