Chicken Fried Steak
The Knorr Chicken Stock Pot is mixed with olive oil to form a paste that’s rubbed over the tenderized chicken fillets. The chicken is then breaded, seasoned and fried quickly to give the perfect chicken fried steak. Quick, easy and tasty.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 200 ml Low fat milk
- 3 eggs, Lightly beaten
- 500 g Plain flour
- 5 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 5 ml Robertsons Cayenne pepper
- 5 ml Roberstons Paprika
- 45 ml Vegetable oil
- Flatten out the chicken breasts to about 2cm in thickness.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Add the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and stir on gentle heat for 2 minutes until the stock melts. Remove from heat and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Rub the melted stock paste into the chicken on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set aside.
- In a new bowl mix together the flour, Robertsons Black Pepper, Robertsons Cayenne pepper and Roberstons Paprika and place the seasoned flour mix on a large plate.
- Place the chicken into the flour mixture, then into the egg, followed again with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Fry each chicken breast for 5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through thoroughly.
- Perfect served with roasted vegetables and garlic mash.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook