Slow Cooker Chicken
This slow cooker chicken recipe is easy and packed with flavour. Brown off the chicken and add the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and star anise. Now slow cook for 4hrs. Easy and perfect for hearty family meals.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time370 minutes
- 450 g Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 50 g Flour
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cm Root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red chilli, chopped
- 5 ml Coriander seeds
- 5 ml Fennel seeds
- 4 Star anise
- 15 ml Rice wine
- 15 ml Light soy sauce
- 1 l Boiling water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- Cut the chicken pieces into quarters and cover with flour.
- Heat oil in large frying pan. Add chicken pieces and cook on medium-high heat until the chicken is browned all over.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, coriander seeds, fennel seeds and star anise. Stir well and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauce, water and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot. Cook for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Place into slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove star anise to serve.
- Perfect served with creamy mashed potato and vegetables of your choice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook