Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Try this authentic, rich and creamy broccoli and cheese soup. The secret of this recipe is to cook the broccoli and potatoes along with the onions for around 10 minutes, this drives out the moisture from the vegetables and brings out the flavour.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Large head broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 400 ml Boiling water
- 60 ml Cream
- 80 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 15 ml Robertsons Course Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft but not brown. Remove the onions and garlic and set aside.
- In the same pan add the cubed potatoes and the chopped broccoli. Cook for another 8 minutes, constantly stirring so that the vegetables cook without colouring. Add back the onions and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and water. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add the cream and cheese and cook for a further 2 minutes. Blend until the texture of the soup becomes silky smooth. Season with Robertsons Course Black Pepper.
- Serve with crunchy croutons and top with fresh herbs.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook