This Asian style turkey soup is light and easy, yet packed with punchy flavours. We recommend using fine rice noodles as they cook almost instantly. The turkey is lightly sautéed and mixed with chicken stock, ginger, chillies and star anise.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 2.5 cm Fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red chilli, sliced
- 4 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 Whole star anise
- 5 Stalks coriander
- 2 Knorr Chicken Stock Pots
- 250 g Turkey breast
- 300 g Rice (vermicelli) noodles
- 60 ml Lightly torn fresh coriander
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- 100 g Bean sprouts
- In a large saucepan, add the ginger, chilli, garlic, star anise and coriander stalks. Cover with 1 litre of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, add in the Knorr Chicken Stock Pots and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the turkey breast and continue to simmer for another 15 minutes, until turkey is thoroughly cooked through. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then remove the turkey and keep aside. Discard the coriander stalks and star anise.
- Add the rice noodles to the pan and cover for 4 minutes, until soft.
- Shred the turkey and divide between each serving bowl. Top with chopped coriander, spring onions and bean sprouts.
- Ladle the aromatic broth with the noodles into the bowls, covering all the ingredients.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook