In this classic ceviche recipe the fish is marinated in lime juice, vegetable stock, shallots and tomatoes. After 1 hour in the fridge the lime juice acid 'cooks' the fish. Served with chillies and coriander this is a tasty and refreshing dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 30 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 3 ml White sugar
- 3 Tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 500 g Fresh haddock, skinned and sliced thin
- 1 Small onion, finely sliced
- Juice of 6 large limes, plus extra wedges to serve
- 50 g Green olives, finely chopped
- 2 Green chillies, finely chopped
- Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- Place the oil and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot in a small pan and heat gently for 2 minutes on low heat, stirring continuously until the stock had melted. Add the sugar and heat for a further 1 minute on low heat. Remove from pan and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cool add the lime juice and stir well.
- Lay out the haddock on a baking tray or in a medium size baking dish.
- Cover with the lime juice and stock pot mixture. Leave for 5 minutes then add the onions and tomatoes. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Drain off the excess marinade, add the olives, chillies and coriander. Leave for another 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with lime wedges and crisp tortilla chips.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook