Stuffed Baby Marrow
This stuffed baby marrow recipe is a great meat free meal. The flesh is scooped out and cooked in vegetable stock with tomatoes and peppers before being stuffed back into the baby marrows, along with Mozzarella and basil and baked to perfection.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 4 Baby marrows
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 x 450 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml Castor sugar
- 1 Small bunch chopped basil
- 50 g Mozzarella, drained and diced small
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the baby marrow in half lengthways. Scoop out the middle of the baby marrow, roughly chop the scooped out flesh keep aside for later. Lay baby marrow halves on a baking tray.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers and reserved baby marrow flesh, cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables have softened. Add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, chopped tomatoes and sugar. Simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until thickened. Leave to cool.
- Add chopped basil and Mozzarella to the tomato sauce and spoon into hollowed out baby marrow halves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until baby marrow has softened and cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with fresh pesto.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook