Polenta with Tomatoes
This polenta recipe is a delicious accompaniment to any meal. The tanginess of the goat’s cheese contrasts wonderfully with the smooth polenta, and is seasoned to perfection with thyme and basil. A great way to spice up your regular potato dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 600 ml Water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 150 g Instant polenta
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 60 g Parmesan cheese (or Cheddar), grated
- 12 On the vine tomatoes
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 30 ml White sugar
- 30 ml Balsamic vinegar, divided
- 30 ml Chopped thyme
- 3 ml Roberstons Ground Black Pepper
- 60 g Goat’s cheese
- Picked leaves from 2 sprigs of basil
- Add water, milk and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot to a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Slowly whisk in the polenta, turn the heat down to low and continuously whisk for 5-10 minutes, until polenta is cooked and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Stork Margarine and cheese.
- Pour into a greased baking tray, even out and put in fridge to set for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place vine tomatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and half of the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sugar and thyme. Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Bring the set polenta out of fridge. Remove from baking tray onto a chopping board. Cut into slices. Season with Robertsons Course Black Pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place polenta pieces into a hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, tuning only once.
- Place one piece of polenta on each plate, top with tomatoes, the remaining balsamic vinegar, some cream cheese or goats cheese if desired and some fresh basil leaves.
- Please note: this recipe requires 30mins marinating time
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook