If you want to try something different, why not cook our tasty classic chicken lasagne recipe? Creamy, comforting and full of flavour this is the perfect dish to serve to the family, and a great way to get the kids to eat more vegetables.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 4 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Zest of half a lemon
- 30 ml Chopped sage
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 200 g Button mushrooms, halved
- 1 Leek, chopped
- 500 ml Low fat milk
- 30 ml Dried porcini mushrooms
- 15 ml Corn flour mixed with a little water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- Lasagne sheets, cooked and drained
- 100g Grated Parmesan cheese or grated Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring continuously until the chicken is evenly browned. Add the garlic, lemon zest and sage and cook for a further 3 minutes until garlic has softened.
- Stir in 300 ml of the milk and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, add dried porcini mushrooms and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan heat the remaining olive oil. Add the mushrooms and leeks. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Pour the liquid through a sieve and back into a saucepan, top back up to 500 mls. Add the cornflour and the remaining milk and simmer on very gentle heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Grease a medium sized baking dish and place one layer of lasagne sheets to cover the base. Spoon one third of the leeks and mushrooms onto the lasagne. Add one third of the chicken pieces and 2 ladles of the sauce, sprinkle with one third of the grated Parmesan. Add the 2nd layer of lasagne, repeating the process and then the 3rd layer, again repeated the process. Add one more layer of lasagne on the top and then the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook