These turkey meatballs are quick, easy and packed with taste. The mince is rolled into meatballs with breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese. These are then cooked gently with onions, tomatoes and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 30 ml Fresh thyme leaves, chopped, divided
- 2 x 400 g Tins chopped tomatoes
- 800 ml Water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 5 ml Castor sugar
- 3 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 500 g Turkey mince
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 45 ml Breadcrumbs
- 45 ml Grated Parmesan or grated Cheddar
- Using a food processor, blend together the onion and celery until finely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery mix, 1 teaspoon of thyme and cook for 8 minutes, until vegetables have softened and have browned slightly.
- Add tinned tomatoes, water, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, sugar and Robertsons Black Pepper. Bring to the boil, simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile make the meatballs.
- In a large bowl add the turkey mince, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan and remaining thyme. Mix just to combine. Roll into 12 meatballs.
- Gently place meatballs into your simmering sauce, and leave for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve on rice or pasta.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook