This hearty winter soup of lamb, leeks, cabbage, carrots, turnips, celery and stock is a Scottish favourite that’s packed with authentic taste. A great soup the whole family will enjoy.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Stalk celery, chopped
- 1 Leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 200 g Carrots, peeled and diced
- 200 g Turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 2 l Water
- 150 g Lamb mince
- 50 g Cabbage, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, leek, carrot and turnip. Cook for 8 minutes, until vegetables start to soften and colour slightly.
- Add the Knorr Beef Stock Pot and water. Bring to the boil and turn down low to a simmer.
- In a non-stick frying pan, cook the lamb mince for 5 minutes on high heat, until browned.
- Add the mince to the stock pot. Add the cabbage and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook