Kung Pao Chicken
This delicious Kung Pao Chicken is cooked with Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, chillies, ginger, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and roasted peanuts. The combination of spicy marinated chicken and roasted peanuts will leave you wanting more.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 30 ml Light soy sauce
- 15 ml Tomato purée
- 5 ml Castor sugar
- 5 ml Corn flour
- 400 g Chicken breast, skinless and boneless, chopped
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 2 cm Piece ginger, finely grated
- 3 Large dried chillies, whole
- 300 g Tin water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 20 ml Rice wine vinegar
- 60 g Roasted peanuts
- To make the marinade, dissolve the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot in 2 tablespoons of boiling water. Add the soy sauce, tomato puree, sugar and corn flour.
- Add the chopped chicken to the marinade and coat well.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 8 minutes, until starting to colour.
- Add the garlic, ginger, whole chillies, water chestnuts and rice wine vinegar and cook for a further 3 minutes until garlic and ginger have softened and chicken is cooked through thoroughly. Add the roasted peanuts just before serving.
- Serve with steamed rice, and sprinkle with sliced spring onions.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook