Carrot and Coriander Soup
Try this quick and easy carrot and coriander soup recipe with onions, potatoes, carrots, garlic and vegetable stock all simmered gently with fragrant herbs. The perfect soup for a light lunch.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 15 ml Stork Margarine
- 15 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 5 Large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 Cloves crushed garlic
- 45 ml Ground coriander
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 Large floury potato, peeled and quartered
- 1.5 l Water
- 1 Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 ml Robertsons Course Black Pepper
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Heat the Stork Margarine and oil in a large saucepan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and carrot and cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables have softened and start to caramelise.
- Add the garlic and ground coriander powder. Cook for 3 minutes, to soften the garlic and roast the coriander powder.
- Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, potato and water. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Add chopped fresh coriander and blend soup until smooth. Season with lemon juice and Robertsons Course Black Pepper.
- Serve with extra coriander leaves and a swirl of cream.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook