This light and fresh tasting quinoa salad is made with broccoli florets, vegetable stock, chillies and almonds. It’s so easy and quick. To serve, the quinoa is drizzled in a sweet and tangy dressing. Surprise the family with this gem of a recipe.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 15 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 Medium onion, sliced
- 200 g Quinoa, washed and drained
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 500 ml Water
- 15 ml Castor sugar
- 1 Head broccoli cut into florets, blanched
- 30 ml Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 30 ml sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 3 ml Robertsons Course Black Pepper
- Heat Stork Margarine in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 5 minutes, until softened and starting to colour. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- In a large pot, add the quinoa, Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, water and sugar. Bring to the boil over high heat, then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes, until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat, separate with a fork and leave to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked onion, broccoli florets, parsley, red chilli and toasted almonds. Mix well.
- Add the quinoa, lemon juice and Robertsons Course Black Pepper. Stir to combine.
- Great served warm with extra lemon wedges and freshly made savoury pancakes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook