Try our great tasting version of this Mexican favourite, Huevos Rancheros. Spicy beef is cooked with black beans and Knorr Beef Stock Pot and served on warmed tortillas with fried eggs. This is a breakfast of Mexican champions.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 20 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Green pepper, chopped
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 100 g Lean beef mince
- 1 Baby marrow, finely chopped
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1 Red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons Cayenne Pepper
- 100 ml Tomato passata
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 1 Tin (400g) black beans (or chickpeas), washed and drained
- 4 Eggs
- 5 ml Robertons Course Black Pepper
- 45 ml Chopped fresh coriander
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, peppers, beef mince and baby marrow. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion has softened but not coloured.
- Add the garlic, red chilli and Robertsons Cayenne Pepper and cook for 3 minutes, until vegetables have softened and are starting to colour. Add tomato passata, 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot and black beans (or chickpeas) to the pan and cook for 3 minutes until beans are heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, gently dry-fry the corn tortillas for 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and lay out on the base of a large serving bowl.
- In same frying pan add remaining oil, bring to a gentle heat and crack eggs into the pan one by one. Cook slowly for 5-6 minutes until the egg white has cooked through and the yolk is set to your liking. Pour the warm beef sauce into the serving bowl on top of the tortillas and top with the eggs.
- Sprinkle with Robertsons Course Black Pepper and chopped coriander to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook