Cabbage soup has never tasted so great. Cabbage, carrots and tomatoes, sautéed with chorizo and sweet onions, then simmered in chicken stock with the smallest possible pasta shells, makes this soup one of our most warming, tasty and exciting recipes.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 10 ml Stork Margarine
- 80 g Peeled diced chorizo
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 l Boiling water
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 White cabbage, diced
- ½ Tin (200g) chopped tomatoes
- 30 g Dried small pasta shells
- 100 g Sour cream
- 5 ml Chopped chives
- Melt the Stork Margarine in a large saucepan over a medium to high heat, add the chorizo and cook for 5-8 minutes until it releases its oils. Now add the onion and cook for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly. Add the garlic and cook for another 5 minutes until soft and slightly golden in colour.
- Add the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, water, carrots, cabbage and chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil, and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add the pasta and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked al dente, pour the soup into bowls.
- Finish each bowl with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- Serve with toasted cheesy bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook