Tofu Stir Fry
This tofu stir fry recipe is packed with great flavours and textures. The tofu is dipped in a soy sauce and vegetable stock mixture, before being covered with sesame seeds and cooked to perfection with bean sprouts, water chestnut and mange tout.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 30 ml Vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml Dark soy sauce
- 300 g Tofu, cubed
- 60 ml Sesame seeds
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 2.5 cm Ginger, peeled and grated
- 225 g Tin bean sprouts, drained
- 225 g Tin Water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 1 Punnet mange tout
- 4 Spring onions, sliced
- Gently heat 15 ml of the olive oil in small frying pan, add Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well until the stock melts. Remove from heat, add the soy sauce, mix well and leave the paste to cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss the tofu cubes in the paste and then roll in the sesame seeds. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the tofu to the pan or wok with the ginger and garlic and cook, tossing occasionally, for about 3 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove tofu and set aside on kitchen paper.
- Using the same pan or wok over high heat, add the bean sprouts, water chestnuts, mange tout and spring onions and toss for 2 minutes, until the mange tout are slightly wilted.
- Add the tofu back with the vegetables and toss to combine.
- Serve with noodles or steamed rice, adding more soy sauce to taste.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook