Try this hearty lamb stew, it’s a great dish for all the family to enjoy. Succulent chunks of lamb are browned on the stove top before being slow cooked with chicken stock, garlic onions and herbs. A heart-warming meal that’s packed with flavour.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time105 minutes
- 30 ml Stork Margarine
- 2 Onions, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 3 Stalks celery, diced
- 5 Cloves garlic
- 25 g Flour for dusting the lamb
- 400 g Lamb neck trimmed and 2.5 cm dice
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot (dissolved in 600 ml boiling water)
- 15 ml Robertsons Black Peppercorns, crushed
- 15 ml Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 Stalks rosemary
- 100 g Frozen peas
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a medium to large casserole dish. Add the onion, carrot, celery and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat until onions are soft but not browned. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Remove all vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- Sprinkle the flour over the lamb and shake off the excess. Place into the hot casserole dish and cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat until nice and golden in colour.
- Add the vegetables to the lamb and mix well. Add Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and the crushed Robertsons Black Peppercorns and stir well. Add the balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, and rosemary and bring to the boil. Turn down to a gentle simmer. Cover and leave to simmer on very low heat for 1 ½ hours until the meat has become soft and juicy. Add the peas 20 minutes before the end of cooking time. Serve hot.
- As an alternative idea try serving with sweet potato mash with crispy bacon.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook