A perfect weekend breakfast or brunch. This Eggs Florentine consists of poached eggs and spinach, cooked with Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and served on a toasted muffin with dollops of velvety hollandaise sauce. A classic, easy dish that tastes great.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 150 g Baby spinach
- 250 ml Water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 2 Fresh English muffins, halved and toasted
- 4 Medium eggs
- 150 g Stork Margarine
- 3 Egg yolks
- 15 ml White wine vinegar
- 15 ml Chopped parsley to garnish
- Place spinach in large pan on medium high heat, 1 tablespoon water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Cook for 2 minutes until nicely wilted, then place on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Cut the muffins in half and toast under the grill until lightly golden brown.
- Poach 4 eggs in an egg poacher.
- Arrange the toasted muffin halves on four warmed plates. Top each one with ¼ of the dried warm spinach and 1 poached egg.
- Heat a pan of water to a gentle simmer. Put the Stork Margarine, egg yolks and the white wine vinegar in a heatproof glass or stainless steel bowl over hot water and start whisking together. The bowl shouldn’t touch the water beneath it.
- Keep on whisking until it gets to the consistency you want – this will take about 5 minutes. When the whisk leaves a ‘trail’ in the sauce, that’s when it’s cooked. Pour the sauce over the eggs, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook