A popular Indian dish of juicy chicken marinated in warm spices. Traditionally prepared for large crowds, this delicious chicken biryani recipe is made super tasty by being gently cooked with chicken stock, garlic, chillies and spices.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time40 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 2 Skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 4 Cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 30 ml Freshly grated ginger
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 2 Pods cardamom
- 5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 5 ml Garam masala
- 15 ml Mayonnaise
- 30 ml Low fat natural yoghurt
- 15 ml Vegetable oil
- 2 Large onions, very finely chopped
- 30 ml Freshly chopped coriander
- 30 ml Freshy chopped mint
- 250 g Basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 30 ml Toasted almonds
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, chopped garlic, chilli, ginger, lemon juice, cardamom pods, turmeric, garam masala, mayonnaise and natural yoghurt. Set aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and cook on a medium heat for 6-8 minutes until brown but not crisp. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the marinated chicken and all of the marinade. Add half of the coriander, half of the mint and half of the fried onions and cook gently on medium heat for 4-6 minutes. Remove from heat, cover the chicken with half of the cooked rice. Sprinkle the remaining fried onions, coriander and mint over the rice. Add toasted almond flakes. Cover and cook on very low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the other half of the cooked rice, mix the rice and to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook