For a real showstopper, try our great tasting Quiche Lorraine recipe. Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot combined with streaky bacon, eggs and cheese makes this a delicious hot or cold dish that’s full of the flavours of home cooking.
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time90 minutes
- 500 g Roll short crust pastry
- 6 Rashers streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 4 Medium eggs
- 200 ml Low fat cream
- 100 ml Crème fraiche
- 1 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 80 g Grated Cheddar cheese
- 15 ml Chopped tarragon
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Meanwhile, leave pastry out at room temperature for 15-20 minutes so it doesn’t crack when it’s rolled.
- Brush a 26 cm flan or quiche dish with oil.
- Lightly flour rolling pin and work surface, and roll out the pastry to 1 cm thick. Place pastry into flan case. Smooth the pastry over the base of the flan case to remove any air pockets. Push gently into the sides of the flan case. Leave pastry overhang to accommodate for any shrinkage during cooking.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with small dried beans (or rice). Press down firmly to push the beans to the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the pastry starts to firm. Remove beans and parchment paper and return to oven for 5 minutes until pastry is crisp and brown.
- Reduce oven to 150°C.
- Gently cook the bacon and garlic in a small frying pan. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well for 2 minutes on medium heat until stock pot has melted. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, crème fraiche and black pepper. Add the chopped bacon and melted Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Stir in cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Pour egg mixture into the pastry case. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon. Cover the pastry edges loosely with foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the centre comes out clean. Let the quiche stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook