The secret to a great miso soup is good quality stock and balanced flavours. This miso soup recipe is delicious, incredibly easy to prepare and will be ready in a matter of minutes. Perfect when served with spring onions and hot red chillies.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 800 ml Water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 45 ml White or red miso paste
- 200 g Tofu, cubed
- 15 ml Reduced salt soy sauce
- 15 ml Rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 Spring onion, sliced
- Place water in a medium size saucepan, bring to the boil. Add Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir until stock has melted. Reduce heat to low.
- In a small bowl, combine the miso paste and add one ladle of the hot stock. Whisk until smooth and there are no lumps. Pour the miso liquid into the pan with the remaining stock and turn the heat to medium. Add the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and tofu to the pan and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes (do not boil).
- Serve in individual bowls topped with the sliced spring onion.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook