Try this great, rich and creamy parsnip soup recipe. Sweet, nutty parsnips simmered in coconut milk and vegetable stock, enhanced with aromatic spices and ginger. Serve with some red chillies and your favourite sandwich for a hearty winter lunch.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves chopped garlic
- 1 Thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 Medium parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 500 ml Light coconut milk
- 1 l Boiling water
- 1 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml Garam masala
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on medium heat for around 4-6 minutes, until the onions have softened but do not brown.
- Add the chopped parsnip and stir so that the parsnip becomes coated in the onion and spices. Pour in the coconut milk and water. Add the black pepper, water and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot.
- Bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve the stock pot. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes with the lid on until the parsnips are soft.
- Remove from the heat and puree using a blender. Return to the heat, add the garam masala and warm through.
- Serve with crusty bread or a few slices of fresh red chillies if desired.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook