Corn Beef Hash
This melt-in-your-mouth, classic corned beef hash recipe with juicy bits of corned beef, chicken stock, carrots and soft potatoes will have your family waking up early for Sunday brunch. It’s comfort food, pure and simple.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 4 Large potatoes, diced
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, diced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 100 ml Boiling water
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 15 ml Stork Margarine
- 300 g Tin corned beef, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add potatoes, onion, carrot and garlic and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until onions are soft but not brown.
- Add the hot water, Robertsons Bay Leaf, thyme and Knorr Chicken Stock Pot. Bring to the boil, stirring well until the stock pot has fully dissolved. Reduce heat to low, cover pan with lid and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Add Stork Margarine and mash.
- Mix in the corned beef and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 200°C for about 15-18 minutes, until the vegetables start to turn golden brown.
- For a great lunch serve with some broccoli, carrots and beans. Alternatively serve for breakfast with scrambled eggs and farmhouse toast.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook