A hearty classic, this mushroom soup recipe will bring warmth to your soul. Onions, garlic, celery, mixed mushrooms and vegetable stock combined with cream makes this a dish that’s packed with flavour. Perfect when served with crusty bread.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 2 Sticks celery, finely sliced
- 3 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 600 g Mixed mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1.5 l Boiling water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- ¼ tsp Robertsons Black Pepper
- 75 ml Cream
- 15 ml Freshly chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and mushrooms and cover with lid. Cook on low heat for 5-6 minutes until onions have softened but not browned.
- Remove 4 tablespoons of the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the hot water into the pan and bring to the boil. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with black pepper, remove from heat and puree in a blender until smooth.
- Return blended soup to the saucepan, add the cream and heat gently.
- Serve topped with the remaining mushrooms, divided between bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook