Savoury Pancake With Spicy Chicken
Try this great tasting savoury pancake recipe with chicken fajita, creamy guacamole, coriander, plump tomatoes and a few squeezes of lime. These pancakes are packed with Mexican flavours that will keep you wanting more.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 300 ml Low fat milk
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 100 g Plain white flour
- 1 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 1 Large egg
- 1 ¼ tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Avocados, roughly chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons Peri Peri
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200 g Shredded roast chicken
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 60 ml Chopped coriander
- 12 Small plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Small red chillies, seeded and diced
- In a medium size saucepan heat the milk and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot until dissolved, let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, black pepper and egg and mix well. Add a small amount of the milk and whisk well to form a thick paste. Add the remaining milk and whisk well to form the pancake mixture, which should resemble the consistency of cream. Add a quarter of a teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Heat a medium size non-stick frying pan. Add a small amount of the remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and gently pour the one and a half ladle of the mix into the pan, spreading the mix evenly. Turn the heat to low and cook gently for approximately 1 minute until the pancake starts to bubble, turn over and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place the avocados, Robertsons Peri Peri and lime juice into a blender and blend until smooth, set aside.
- To prepare filling, place all the other ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
- Divide the mix between your pancakes and place the avocado purée on top, then gently roll up your pancakes and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook