Savoury Pancake With Chicken and Asparagus
This savoury pancake recipe encompasses all the components of a hearty meal: chicken, asparagus, mushrooms and melted cheese. Full of subtle but delicious flavours, this dish is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 300 ml Low fat milk
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 100 g Plain white flour
- 1 ml Robertsons Black Pepper
- 1 Large egg
- 30 ml Olive oil
- 400 ml Boiling water
- 200 g Asparagus tips
- 200 g Button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 2 Chicken thighs, roasted
- 80 g Grated mozzarella cheese
- In a medium size saucepan heat the milk and Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot until dissolved, let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, Robertsons Black Pepper and egg and mix well. Add a small amount of the milk and whisk well to form a thick paste. Add the remaining milk and whisk well to form the pancake mixture, which should resemble the consistency of cream. Add a quarter of a teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Heat a medium size non-stick frying pan. Add a small amount of the remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat and gently pour the one and a half ladle of the mix into the pan, spreading the mix evenly. Turn the heat to low and cook gently for approximately 1 minute until the pancake starts to bubble, turn over and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and place on a plate, cover with foil to keep warm
- To prepare filling, place asparagus in the boiling water, return to the boil then simmer gently on low heat for 12-15 minutes until asparagus is very soft. Remove from heat and drain.
- Remove skin from roasted chicken, pull the meat away from the bone and break the meat into small pieces. Set Aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in small frying pan. Add button mushrooms and garlic and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms soften. Add chicken and asparagus. Cook on gentle heat for 2 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese and keep over heat until cheese melts.
- Leave the pancake in the pan. Add the chicken and asparagus mix. Fold over and place on plate to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook