Shisanyama with pap
Add one tablespoon of KNORR Tasty Seasoning Powder when making rice, pap or samp and beans for a delicious, savoury flavour!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- For the Pap:
- 4 cups water
- 15ml KNORR Tasty Seasoning Powder
- 1 ¾ cups maize meal
- For the Shisanyama:
- 30ml cooking oil
- 30ml Robertsons Shisanyama Seasoning
- 1x braai meat pack
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot
- Add the KNORR Tasty Seasoning Powder and the maize meal to the boiling water and mix well
- Reduce the heat to a low heat and cook for 20-25 minutes with the lid on stirring occasionally (a crust will always form on the bottom of the pot as the maize meal steams and cooks).
- To prepare the shisanyama mix oil and Robertsons Shisanyama Seasoning together to make a paste and rub onto braai meat.
- Grill meat in the oven or on the braai until done.
- Serve pap with chakalaka and shisanyama
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook