Fishcakes and chips
Try your hand at making your own delicious homemade fishcakes and chips!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- For the fishcakes:
- 400 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 handful green beans, boiled and chopped
- 1 tin (425 g) pilchards in tomato sauce, deboned and flaked
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 15ml lemon juice
- 1 egg
- Flour for dusting
- Cooking oil for frying
- For the Potato Chips:
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- Cooking oil
- KNORR Aromat
- To prepare the fishcakes, boil potatoes and green beans until tender then drain and mash potatoes.
- In a bowl combine the flaked pilchards (no sauce), mashed potatoes, chopped green beans, grated onion, contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake, lemon juice and egg.
- Shape into patties then dust with flour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the fishcakes on both sides until golden brown, remove and drain on paper towel.
- To prepare the potato chips, add oil to a deep frying pan.
- Heat oil until hot, add potato chips and fry until light golden in colour.
- Remove chips from oil and drain on paper towel then season with KNORR Aromat.
- Serve Fishcakes with Potato chips and a fresh salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook