Homestyle Chicken stew
Chicken stew is a great family favourite to include in your dinner repertoire. Serve it with roast potatoes, vegetables or rice.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 15ml cooking oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 45ml plain flour
- ¾ cup water
- 1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
- 30ml KNORR Cream of Chicken Soup
- Six chicken pieces (can be legs, thighs or breast)
- In a large pot heat the oil, add the carrots, onions and garlic and fry on a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until well browned on all sides
- Add the flour and stir so it makes a paste around the vegetables and chicken.
- Gradually add the water and tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Mix the KNORR Cream of Chicken Soup with 4 tablespoons of water to make a smooth paste. Add it to the pot and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until thickened.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook