Roasted Beetroot, Lentil and Feta Salad
This salad which combines the contrasting flavours of garlic and rosemary roasted beetroot with creamy, salty feta cheese makes the perfect side dish for your braai!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time55 minutes
- 1 kg beetroot, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
- 1 tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ blocks feta cheese, cubed
- Rocket leaves, washed
- No need to preheat oven
- Carefully add the beetroot and oil into the bag (max. 1.5 kg) and season with the dry Knorr mixture. Close bag at the end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage Knorr mixture into the ingredients on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 55 minutes or until the beetroot is tender on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and allow the beetroot to cool completely then transfer to a mixing bowl together with a little of the juices in the bag (this will be part of your dressing)
- Combine the roasted beetroot with the lentils, feta and rocket and drizzle with olive oil then serve
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook