This steak sandwich recipe is really easy to prepare and an eternal crowd-pleaser; ideal for an afternoon picnic with the family or to enjoy as the ultimate indulgent snack. No table needed.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 Knorr Beef Stock Pot
- 5 ml Maille Dijon Mustard
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- 500 g rump steak, sliced into 2 cm strips
- 15 ml Stork Margarine
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 120 ml red wine (ideally Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 packet of Knorr Brown Onion Gravy
- 4 ciabatta rolls, sliced in half horizontally and lightly toasted
- 2 slices of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt together olive oil and Knorr Beef Stock Pot. Cool. Put into a medium sized bowl. Add the mustard and Robertsons Thyme.
- Add the steak slices to the bowl and mix well rubbing the melted stock pot into the meat.
- Place the steak in a hot frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, shake the pan to ensure the steak strips are cooked evenly. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt Stork Margarine, add onion and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat until onion browns. Stir in wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Prepare the Knorr Brown Onion Gravy mix as directed and pour over the onions. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Return steak to frying pan and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour sauce into small bullet dishes (or small dipping sauce dishes) for dipping.
- Serve on half-open ciabatta rolls or baguettes, top each with half a slice of mozzarella or Cheddar cheese and place under grill for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook