Looking for vegetarian recipes? This Couscous is a classic and a really light, tasty alternative if you are looking to try out a new dish.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 baby marrow, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 100 g of squash, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 45 ml olive oil, divided
- 375 ml water
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 250 g couscous
- 15 g chopped fresh coriander
- 15 g chopped fresh mint
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the red onions, courgettes, peppers and diced squash in a baking tray, add 30 ml olive oil and place in oven for 20 minutes until vegetable is roasted but soft. Mix occasionally during cooking to ensure oil covers the vegetables.
- Heat the water in a pan and add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Stir until dissolved and bring to the boil.
- Add the roasted vegetables then the couscous. Stir, remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and remaining olive oil and fluff with fork before serving.
- Add fresh coriander and fresh mint (or other herbs of your choice) and stir through just once.
- Couscous with a hint of basil Combine 2 tablespoons of Knorr French Salad Dressing with ½ tablespoon of basil pesto and mix into couscous when adding the lemon juice and olive.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook