Chicken Pot Pie
A tasty chicken pot pie is a force to be reckoned with! This perfect weeknight dinner recipe is ideal for busy families with kids.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, stalks removed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 500 ml water
- 3 small carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 8 baby onions
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 15 ml cream
- 1 roll refrigerated pie pastry, rolled out lightly
- 1 egg, beaten
- Corn flour
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and white pepper for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to the boil and add Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, carrots, celery and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Strain out vegetables, reserve vegetable liquid.
- Re-heat reserved vegetable liquid, add Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and simmer. Thicken by mixing a little corn flour with some water to form a smooth paste then stir into the stock.
- Stir in cream, chicken and the strained vegetables. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Brush edges of pie plate with egg. Turn mixture into pie plate, then top with crust; pressing edges to seal. Brush top with egg, then slit.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad or beetroot.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook