Black Bean Soup
This black bean soup is packed with flavour and a really hearty soup. For the ultimate finish add spring onions, low fat sour cream and coriander.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 110 g Spanish chorizo, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 600 ml water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 400 g tin black beans, drained
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tsp low-fat sour cream
- ½ avocado, peeled and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 packet crisp corn tortilla chips
- Place the diced chorizo in a medium saucepan over gentle heat for 2 minutes until cooked through, drain off half of the released oils. Add onion and red pepper and gently cook for 2-3 minutes until onions are just turning brown, stirring regularly to avoid burning.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for further 1 minute.
- Pour in the water and the black beans and bring to the boil. Add Knorr Chicken Stock Pot, reduce heat and simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- Process half of the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth and return to saucepan to heat., Pour into serving bowls. Garnish with sliced spring onions, low-fat sour cream (1 teaspoon per serving), finely chopped avocado (optional) and freshly chopped coriander. Serve with tortilla chips on the side.
- TIP: Squeeze plenty of lemon juice over the chopped avocado, it will stop it turning brown and the acidity will enhance the dish.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook