Baked Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe for Baked Macaroni and Cheese will undoubtedly be a hit with the whole family. Delicious, simple and entirely satisfying.
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 40 g Stork Margarine
- 40 g plain flour
- 500 ml low-fat milk, gently heated
- 100 g leeks, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 550 g grated Cheddar cheese
- 300 g frozen assorted vegetables
- 450 g elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- Preheat oven to 220ºC. Spray 33x23 cm baking dish with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt the Stork Margarine in large saucepan, add leek and onion and cook until softened, but not coloured.
- Stir in the flour and keep on gentle heat for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly. Pour in the milk, little by little stirring constantly and add one of the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots.
- Reduce heat to low, then stir in red pepper and grated cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and leave on minimum heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring a large pan of water for the pasta to a rapid boil. Dissolve the second Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot into it to season the water. Add a little olive oil to stop the macaroni sticking. Add pasta, bring back to the boil then simmer until cooked. Drain and put the pasta water back into saucepan and return to heat, add mixed cut vegetables and blanch until partially soft then drain.
- Stir the drained vegetables and macaroni into the cheese sauce and turn into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook