Chicken sausages with tomato and herbed beans
Looking for easy chicken recipes? Sausages are a family favourite, so why not try this combo of chicken sausages, tomato and beans?
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 500 g Chicken sausages
- 125 ml Dry white wine
- 230 ml Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Roasted red pepper, chopped
- 400 g Canned cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 60 ml Chopped fresh origanum
- 1 sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 cup Rocket leaves
- Shaved parmesan and lemon wedges, to serve
- Prick the sausages with a fork.
- Place in a pot with 125 ml wine, cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, uncover and cook for 10-15 minutes until almost cooked and wine is evaporated.
- Halve the sausages lengthways, then return to pot, cut-side down, for 1 minute until cooked through and crisp.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in the same pot over a medium heat.
- Add onion and stir for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add red pepper, beans, tin chopped tomato, origanum and remaining wine, KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce and season.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until almost evaporated.
- Top with sausages to heat through, and then remove.
- Serve topped with sausages and shaved parmesan, with lemon wedges to squeeze
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook