Boston Baked Beans
Try this homely recipe using bacon, beans and a hint of peri-peri. Tasty, with a kick, everyone will love it!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time120 minutes
- 62.5 ml Tomato sauce
- 5 ml Wholegrain mustard
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Bacon rashers, chopped
- 15 ml Oil
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 375 ml Dried white haricot beans
- 62.5 ml Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 30 ml peri-peri sauce
- 62.5 ml Golden syrup
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Drain beans, then rinse under cold running water.
- Put beans into a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- Boil rapidly for 10 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for 50 minutes, or until tender.
- Reserve 1½ cups of the bean cooking liquid.
- Transfer the reserved liquid and the beans to a large casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- In a frying pan heat oil. Fry bacon and onion for 5 minutes until crisp.
- Stir in tomato sauce, syrup, peri-peri Sauce, sugar, mustard and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot.
- Add to the casserole dish and stir to combine. Cover with a lid.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring once, until hot and bubbling.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook