Here's an authentic, out-of-the-ordinary starter, to heat up any winter evening - our delicious Tortilla Soup recipe. Chilli definitely brings the special touch here and intensifies flavour and aroma. Don't forget to top the soup with crispy tortilla strips, sour cream, grated cheese and coriander.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 30 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 500 ml water
- 250 g roasted chicken, shredded
- 150 g corn kernels
- 1 baby marrow, finely diced
- 30 ml lime juice
- Heat 15 ml of oil in a large pan and fry the tortilla strips in batches until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, Robertsons Origanum, chopped chilli and tinned tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and water and bring to the boil over high heat. reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the roasted chicken, corn kernels and diced baby marrow. Bring back to the boil and simmer for another 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Finish with lime juice and serve.
- To serve, top soup with crispy tortilla strips, sour cream, grated cheese and coriander.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook