Sweet Potato Soup
Our subtle Sweet Potato Soup recipe is easy to prepare and the perfect comfort food. It’s thick, creamy and wonderfully sweet. Be sure to serve with warm crusty bread.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 750 g peeled and chopped sweet potato
- 1 ltr boiling water
- 2 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots
- 15 ml Robertsons Rosemary
- 200 ml cream
- ¼ tsp Robertsons Ground Black Pepper
- 15 ml lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes until the onion is soft but not brown.
- Add the sweet potato and fry for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add the boiling water, Knorr Vegetable Stock Pots and Robertsons Rosemary. Cover the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 20–25 minutes or until the potato has softened.
- Puree the soup in a food processor, or using a stick mixer in the pan. Stir in the cream, and reheat over a medium heat. Stirring occasionally. Season with Robertsons Ground Black Pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook