Our salsa recipe is full of delicious oven roasted tomatoes to give the dish real depth and flavour. Not only is this quick to prepare, it is a healthy side dish to serve as a dip or topping for meat and fish.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 20 ml vegetable oil
- 1 Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 600 g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roasted, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30 ml lime juice
- 30 ml chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir over gentle heat until stock is dissolved. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, stir well.
- Place tomatoes in a baking dish and roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes with all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Chill for 15 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips or as a topping for grilled meat, chicken or fish.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook