Chicken Tortilla Soup
On the hunt for dinner ideas with chicken? A real winter warmer for the whole family, our chicken tortilla soup is hearty and delicious.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 300 ml vegetable oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 small red chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Robertsons Origanum
- 1½ ltr water
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 200 g shredded cooked chicken
- 50 g frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 baby marrow, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan and cook tortillas, in batches, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels cut into strips and set aside.
- In separate medium sized saucepan, heat olive oil and cook garlic on gentle heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes, onion, chillies and oregano and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the water, Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and tomato paste.
- Bring to the boil then simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Process mixture in food processor or blender, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepot.
- Stir in chicken, corn and baby marrow. Bring to the boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, then add tortilla strips. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh coriander, diced avocado, sour cream, lime wedges and additional fried tortilla strips.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook