Chicken in Peanut Sauce
Looking for chicken dinner recipes? Try this succulent chicken dish that is sure to make your taste buds explode with flavour!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 packet KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- 15 ml flour
- 60 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 ml Robertsons Ginger
- 5ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 625 ml water
- 65 ml peanut butter
- Place contents of the packet of KNORR Brown Onion Soup and flour into a plastic bag
- Place chicken pieces into the bag and toss until well coated. Reserve excess soup and flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry chicken pieces until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onions until soft together with Robertsons Ginger and Robertsons Garlic Flakes.
- Add green pepper, and fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to the pan.
- Add water and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Mix remaining soup and flour mixture with some water to form a smooth paste and add to the pan and allow to simmer to thicken
- Serve over rice or pap.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook