Chicken and Lentil Stew
This recipe for Chicken and Lentil Stew will fill your home with a wonderful aroma and will taste as though it has been simmering for hours!
- Recipe serves4 - 6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time65 minutes
- 60ml margarine
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 10ml Rajah Mild and Spicy Curry Powder
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup brown lentils
- 60ml KNORR Chicken Noodle Soup
- 30ml Mrs Balls Chutney
- Melt half the margarine in a large pot, add chicken pieces and fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Melt remaining margarine and fry onion, mushrooms and Rajah Curry Powder until onions are soft.
- Return chicken to the pot, and add water and lentils.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the KNORR Chicken Noodle Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Add the Mrs Balls Chutney, simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook