Tasty Chicken Stew
Wondering what to do with those chicken pieces? Why not try this heart-warming chicken stew rich in tomato flavour!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time80 minutes
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 packet KNORR Rich Beef and Tomato Soup
- 30ml flour
- 60ml cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 tin (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1½ cups water
- ½ cup dry white wine, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Toss chicken pieces in a plastic bag containing the KNORR Rich Beef and Tomato Soup and flour. Reserve excess soup and flour mixture.
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry chicken pieces until brown. Remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Fry onions, garlic and carrots for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the chicken. Add tomatoes, water and wine if using and stir in remaining soup and flour mixture.
- Cook covered in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook