Spicy Beef Stew
Why not try this gutsy beef stew with kidney beans for a hearty winter meal?
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time35 minutes
- Cooking time95 minutes
- 45ml sunflower oil
- 1 kg beef chuck, cubed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 10ml Robertsons Garlic Flakes
- 10ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 5ml Rajah Mild and Spicy Curry Powder
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tin (70 g) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 can (400 g) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 packet KNORR Chakalaka Soup
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry beef until brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add onions, Robertsons Garlic Flakes ,Crushed Chillies and Rajah Curry Powder and fry until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and water, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Return beef to sauce, add potatoes, and simmer covered for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in red kidney beans and yellow peppers, season and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Chakalaka Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with sour cream and tortillas.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook