Simple Tomato Bredie
Seasoned with fragrant cinnamon and cloves, nothing beats a bowl of home-made bredie!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time85 minutes
- 45 ml oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 ml Robertsons Ground Cloves
- 10ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 Robertsons Cinnamon Stick
- 1 kg mutton, cubed
- 2 cans (410 g) chopped tomatoes
- 500 ml water
- 4 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 10 ml sugar
- 30ml KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- Heat oil and brown the onions. Add Robertsons Ground Cloves, Robertsons Crushed Chillies and Robertsons Cinnamon Stick.
- Add mutton and brown. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the water and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sugar, salt and pepper, and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the bredie then allow to simmer until thickened.
- Serve with yellow rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook