Lamb Neck and Bean Casserole
Enjoy this special mutton stew on a chilly night with a large chunk of bread to mop up all the sauce!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time75 minutes
- 45ml cooking oil
- 650 g lamb neck portions
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated
- 10ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 500ml water
- 60ml KNORR Minestrone Soup
- 1 tin (410 g) baked beans in tomato sauce
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry meat until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onions, garlic, celery and green pepper for 2 minutes.
- Return meat, add tomatoes, Robertsons Mixed Herbs and water, and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add beans and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with pap or rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook