Savoury mince flan with sour cream topping
Bored of ordinary mince for dinner? Then try out this recipe that puts a new twist on an old favourite by transforming your mince into a tasty flan
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 60 ml Tomato paste
- 2 ml Robertsons Origanum
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 30 g Margarine
- 500 g Minced meat
- 12.5 ml water
- 125 g Butter
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 375 ml Flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 190 ml water
- 250 ml Sour cream
- 2 Eggs
- 250 ml grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 220°C
- For the base: Rub butter into flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add lemon juice and 12.5ml water (adding more if necessary) to form soft dough.
- Roll out to fit a deep 23cm flan tin.
- Cover pastry with baking paper and fill with raw beans.
- Bake at 220°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove paper and bake for an extra 5 minutes.
- For the filling: Melt margarine in a pan and sautè the onion until tender.
- Add the mince and stir until browned.
- Add KNORR Mushroom Cream of Mushroom Soup and Robertsons Origanum and mix well, then stir in tomato paste and 190ml water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Spread mince in pastry shell and top with sour cream and eggs beaten together.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180 °C for 35 minutes until set and golden brown.
- Serve with a crispy fresh salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook